CURRENTLY THE DEMO IS UNAVAILABLE
THE OBSOLETE VERSION MISREPRESENTS THE GAME.
Spell of Mastery is a turn-based strategy, inspired by classic games, such as Lords of Chaos, Spellcraft, XCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics. Set in fantasy world, the Spell of Mastery puts player in control of Wizard Guild, hired by kingdom to protect it from incoming invasion. Explore dungeons, protect cities from plundering monster hordes
This is a short demo, presenting basic game's concepts, with most features, like world map and map editor being disabled. Please note that the game is still in alpha stage of development, therefore unoptimized and prone to crashes. The demo should run well on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 PCs with average configuration. When run on emulators there could be some slowdown with mouse cursor.
Controls W,A,S,D - move camera; Q, E - change floor.
Any donations will be used to fund the further development of this game.
Game's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/spell.of.mastery/
Version 0.9b changes:
- Terrain collapse: when ceiling has no nearby support columns, it collapses, killing units below and damaging the ones above.
- Numerous fixes to digging.
- Fix to previously introduced firestorm bug, when fire-wave became unstoppable, burning through the whole map.
- Minor improvement to fog of war around map and cliff borders
Version 0.9a changes:
- Smooth fog of war, due to multiple requests
Version 0.9 changes:
- Dynamic Water.
- Cataclysm spell to flood your enemies and open a passage through waters. Finally you can play as Moses!
- Tornado spell, which scatters units and removes mist.
- Proper time system, instead of abstract turns. Now every turn models real life hour.
- Night time: every 8 turns out of 24 turns day, from 22:00 to 6:00. Undeads have more defence at night, while units without darkvision have reduced sight.
- Rain, which extinguishes flames in outdoor areas and prevents the use of fire spells, like firestorm and fireball. Units inside rain get -1 to sight.
- Proper wood bridge tile, instead wooden floor.
- Fixed fog sight bug, when cell below or above give units cant be accessed inside fog.
- Fixed bug with invalid empty check, affecting several spells and leading to potential crashes when one creature teleports into another creature.
- Fixed crash hiding drowning unit.
Version 0.8 changes:
- Spiders creating web traps.
- Spider poisonous attack effect.
- Improved wizard's basic attack visual effect.
- Fixed ash draw order.
- A few fixes for demo map, making it a bit easier.
- FPS limiter for menus
Version 0.7 changes:
- Fog/smoke breaking line of sight.
- A new spell to create mist, which allows sneaking around enemies.
- A ton more fixes to wall cutting graphics.
- Better detonate spell's icon.
- Fixed bug with AI player's units activating triggers intended for human player only.
- Fixed update of tiles inside fog of war.
- Minor optimization to tileset loading.
- Fixed burning of objects under the flame and burning platform objects, so they get properly replaced with ash and units on top of them fall down into flame.
- Fixed unit transparency, so thin objects, like obelisks near portal and windows, wont block vision.
Version 0.6 changes:
- Fire, lightnings and explosions now burn down grass and other flamable objects, like trees and boxes.
- Focus on AI's spell target.
- A few more fixes to wall cutting graphics.
Version 0.5 changes:
- AI no longer casts spells at invisible player's units.
- Waterfall animation.
- Less confusing wall top graphics.